Table of Contents
- 1 What are the merits and demerits of Western education?
- 2 What are the benefits of western education?
- 3 What is the advantage and disadvantage of Westernization?
- 4 Is Westernization an advantage?
- 5 What is bad about Westernization?
- 6 What are the merits and demerits of media?
- 7 What are the advantages and disadvantages of Eastern and Western education?
- 8 Which is an example of Western education in Nigeria?
- 9 What is the education like in the east?
What are the merits and demerits of Western education?
What are the merits and demerits of western education? (in points)
- 1.It broadened up the minds of the people and made them think rationally instead of blindly supporting orthodox norms, values and superstitious beliefs.
- 2.It introduced people to the new ideas and innovations which widened the periphery of learning.
What are the benefits of western education?
The outstanding positive effects of western education in Nigeria include:
- Independence. Quality education helped Nigerians obtain independence from their colonial masters.
- Relationship with other states.
- Enhancement of living standards.
- The development of technology and science.
- Prospects for the future.
What is the advantage and disadvantage of Westernization?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Westernization? Therefore, it is a positive adaptation because it has lessened the burden to many villagers and manpower is not overused. In contrast, westernization also has its disadvantages in that; it has minimized ethical and moral values.
What are the merits and demerits of negative education?
- Poverty Reduction. Lack of access to education is considered the root of poverty. …
- Connecting Across Borders. …
- Sense of Accomplishment. …
- More Productivity. …
- Better Communication. …
- Critical Thinking Skills. …
- Identification of Skills. …
- Greater Sense of Discipline.
What is the Western education system?
So, what is a Western education system? Western education sees teachers assume the role of experts, with the classroom being in an indoor setting that includes desks, chairs, chalkboards and writing materials. Within these classrooms, students are expected to interact with each other based on a set of school rules.
Is Westernization an advantage?
Westernization has also been beneficial in globalizing the economy and creating more efficient ways of producing goods and services. Another benefit is the modernization of medical practices, resulting in the extension of life expectancy.
What is bad about Westernization?
Westernization inevitably undermines full development of indigenous cultures and traditions of non-Western people. Furthermore, it creates resentment among non-Western people toward Western values and, fosters racism and prejudice against non-Western people in Western societies.
What are the merits and demerits of media?
Comparison Table for Advantages and Disadvantages of Media
|Media allows cultural diffusion among people from different parts of the world.||Creating fake profiles and sending threats or bullying or such acts can ruin the mental health and reputation of targetted individuals.|
What are disadvantages in education?
Educational disadvantage refers to the situation where some individuals get less benefit from the education system than their peers.
What are the main features of education?
In the section that follows we discuss some of the salient features of education and their effects on scientific research: values and politics; human volition; variability in education programs; the organization of schools; and the diversity of the many individuals involved in education.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Eastern and Western education?
I had noticed many advantages and disadvantages of both education systems, so I don ‘t assume any of them are good enough. Western education focuses more on creativity, thinking and application; whereas the eastern system focuses on teaching students a huge amount of knowledge and the well-rounded base knowledge of the students.
Which is an example of Western education in Nigeria?
Nigeria has found common grounds with the rest of the world and has received universal recognition due to western education. A good example of this is the literary Nobel Prize won by Wole Soyinka. Nigerians can participate in international competitions and show themselves in positive lights thanks to western education.
What is the education like in the east?
The eastern education is known by the fast progressing, comprehensiveness, profound knowledge, and plus a bunch of tests. Students in the east earn knowledge base on the textbooks, they don’t really think about how does that happen and what will be different if that didn’t happen.