Table of Contents
What is a good sentence for epitaph?
1 He wanted these lines as his epitaph. 2 These films stand as an epitaph to the great director. 3 His epitaph read:’A just and noble countryman’. 4 It makes a fitting epitaph to a great career.
How do you use epithet in a sentence?
Epithet in a Sentence 🔉
- The epithet “Curly” is used to describe the big football player with the curly hair.
- Although the epithet “nerd” was once thought uncool, today the word is associated with some of the richest men on the planet.
What is an epitaph example?
Examples of Common Epitaphs Rest in Peace. In Loving Memory. Until We Meet Again. A Life Measured in Memories.
How do you use rebuff in a sentence?
Examples of ‘rebuff’ in a sentence rebuff
- It is claimed she rebuffed his advances.
- He claimed he constantly rebuffed her advances but it did not put her off.
- So far the offers have been rebuffed.
- The board has firmly rebuffed his proposals.
- But it has already been rebuffed.
How do you use epitaph?
Epitaph in a Sentence 🔉
- The slave’s epitaph stated his name but made no mention of his date of birth or death.
- When I am buried, I want the epitaph on my headstone to read, “Wife, Mother, and Friend.”
What is the difference between epitaph and epithet?
An epitaph is written on a tombstone. An epithet is a nickname or a description of someone. Be wary if someone writes your epitaph, after all, it’ll be inscribed on your grave.
What is epithet in figure of speech?
An epithet is a word or phrase which describes the main quality of someone or something. For example: ‘a happy person’. Epithets are usually adjectives like ‘happy’ that describe a noun like ‘person’. Transferred epithet is when this adjective is transferred to a different noun like ‘Happy birthday’.
Is an epitaph a story?
An epitaph and a eulogy have a similar function, which is to pay tribute to the dead. A eulogy may also be used for a living person, as it incorporates stories, anecdotes, and memories of the individual. An epitaph, on the other hand, is just an honoring poem or an inscription written on the tombstone.
Can an epitaph be a quote?
An epitaph is a short text honouring a deceased person, (often inscribed or engraved on their headstone, monument, memorial plaque, gravestone, tombstone or cemetery marker). It usually includes the person’s name, dates of birth and death, along with a meaningful quote or Bible verse.
What does it mean to rebuff something?
transitive verb. : to reject or criticize sharply : snub.
Does rebuff mean reject?
If you rebuff someone, you reject or snub him. You might decide to rebuff a classmate’s invitation to the dance after hearing him gossip meanly about a friend. Although the verb rebuff is a somewhat old fashioned one to use for social relationships, it’s still common in the world of diplomacy.