Table of Contents
How do you highlight text using the keyboard?
How to highlight text using your keyboard. To highlight with the keyboard, move to the starting location using the arrow keys. Then, hold down the Shift key, and press the arrow key in the direction you want to highlight. Once everything you want is highlighted, let go of the Shift key.
What is the keyboard shortcut to highlight a word on Mac?
You can click and drag to highlight text, but it’s much faster to do so with the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Shift+Left or Right Arrow: Highlights previous or next character.
- Shift+Up or Down Arrow: Highlights previous or next line of text.
- Shift+Command+Up or Down Arrow: Highlights all text above or below cursor.
What is the shortcut to select a word in Word?
Select one word by placing your cursor at one end of the word. Hold down the “Ctrl” key and the “Shift” key. Press the right arrow key to select the word to the right, or press the left arrow key to select the word to the left.
How do I highlight text in Word?
Highlight selected text
- Select the text that you want to highlight.
- Go to Home and select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color.
- Select the color that you want. Note: Use a light highlight color if you plan to print the document by using a monochrome palette or printer.
How do you highlight in yellow on word Mac?
If so, all you need is:
- Tools > Customize keyboard.
- In the list to the left, highlight “All Commands”
- In the list to the right, locate “Highlight”
- Place your cursor in the write-in field and press a key combination.
- This will highlight the selection using the toolbar’s current highlight color, whatever it is.
How do you highlight text on a Mac?
Highlight text in Pages on Mac
- 1) Select the text by dragging through it or double-clicking it.
- 2) Click Insert > Highlight from the menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Command + H.
- 1) Tap your text, in the context menu choose either Select or Select All depending on what you want to highlight.
How do you select a word quickly?
To select a single word, quickly double-click that word. To select a line of text, place your cursor at the start of the line, and press Shift + down arrow. To select a paragraph, place your cursor at the start of the paragraph, and press Ctrl + Shift + down arrow.
How do I get more highlight colors in Word 2020?
Expanding Colors Available for Highlighting
- Select the text you want to highlight.
- Choose Borders and Shading from the Format menu. Word displays the Borders and Shading dialog box.
- Make sure the Shading tab is displayed. (See Figure 1.)
- From the colors displayed, select the one you want to use.
- Click OK.
How do you highlight an entire document?
Note: To select an entire document, press CTRL+A. Press SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW. Press SHIFT+LEFT ARROW. Place the insertion point at the beginning of the word, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW.