Table of Contents
How do you reset the oil life on a 2009 Jeep Cherokee?
Reset oil service light Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, do not start the engine.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
How do I reset my oil life?
Hold the Reset Button and Turn the Key Turn the ignition back to the ON position while holding the reset button. Watch the oil change or maintenance light carefully. It should start to blink. Allow the light to blink ON and OFF for a few seconds, then release the reset button and turn the ignition OFF.
How do you reset the lights on a Jeep Wrangler?
How to Clear Codes on Jeep Wrangler
- Make sure the engine is not running and key is out of the ignition.
- Disconnect the battery terminals.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Reconnect battery terminals.
- Insert and turn the ignition key to the run position without starting.
- All error codes are cleared and CHECK ENGINE icon disappeared.
How do you reset the oil life on a Jeep Cherokee?
- Shift the gear to the “Park/P” position.
- Without holding the brake pedal, press the Start/Stop button to turn on the electronics.
- On the steering wheel, navigate to the “Oil Life” selection under “Vehicle Info“.
- Push and hold the OK button until the oil light percentage changes to 100%.
Does Jeep use synthetic oil from the factory?
Does Jeep Use Synthetic Oil From The Factory? This is regular oil and the exact same oil found in your engine when you purchased it from the dealership. If you were to have your Jeep serviced at the dealership they would use this oil. The factory service manual recommends an oil change every 3000 miles.
How do I reset my oil change percentage?
Here’s how to reset it:
- Press the setup button and then release it.
- You should now see a message that reads “Oil life % hold reset = new.”
- Press the reset button and hold it down for about two seconds.
- Let off the button and the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” should reset to 100%.
How do you reset percentage after oil change?
Step 1: Turn your Civic ignition on without starting your engine or press the start button twice without touching the brake. Step 2: Press the Trip knob repeatedly until the Engine Oil Life percentage displays. Step 3: Press and hold the trip knob until the Engine Oil Life percentage starts to blink.
How do you reset the gas cap on a Jeep Wrangler?
To reset the gas cap light in your Jeep Wrangler, turn off the engine and push the button to unlock the door to the gas tank. Open the door, remove the cap, put the cap back on, and close the door. The light should reset. If it doesn’t, you’ll need an OBD-II scanner to clear it.
When to reset the oil change light on a Jeep Wrangler?
The Oil Change Light Reset Jeep Wrangler 2008 2009 2010 2011 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due. Below is the Oil Change Light Reset procedure for the Jeep Wrangler 2008 2009 2010 2011 .
When do I need to Reset my oil change light?
The Oil Change Light Reset Jeep Grand Cherokee 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due. Below is the Oil Change Light Reset procedure for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 .
How to reset Jeep Compass oil service reminder?
Close all doors. Set the gear to the PARK position. Turn ignition to RUN position, don’t start the engine. fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds and the OIL CHANGE is reset. Turn off the ignition, then s tart the engine to verify the service reminder has been reset.
How much oil does a Jeep Grand Cherokee have?
The 3 Diesel liter engine holds approximately 10 quarts (9.5 liters) of 5W-30 oil when the engine oil and filter are changed. The 4.7 liter engine holds approximately 6 quarts (5.7 liters) of 5W-20 oil when the engine oil and filter are changed.