Table of Contents
What are the steps in a fire?
Fire Emergency Procedures
- Close the door as you leave the room.
- Pull the nearest fire alarm (located at any exit)
- Evacuate the building. DO NOT use elevators. Proceed to an assembly area across the street and away from the building.
- Report the fire.
What 6 steps do you take in the case of a fire?
6 steps to fire safety
- Make a home fire escape plan. First, working together as a family, draw a floor plan of your home.
- Test your smoke alarms. Go through your home and test all the smoke alarms.
- Step 3: Clear the way.
- Step 4: Walk through the plan with every member of your family.
- Do the drill.
- Talk about the drill.
What is the fire emergency plan?
A fire emergency evacuation plan (FEEP) is a written document which includes the action to be taken by all staff in the event of fire and the arrangements for calling the fire brigade. It can include any relevant information in relation to the FEEP. Action on discovering a fire. Action on hearing the fire alarm.
What is the first step that you should take when there is a fire?
What To Do If A Fire Starts
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher.
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell “Fire!” several times and go outside right away.
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out.
What are the four steps to follow in the event of a fire?
By most standards including the International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA) there are 4 stages of a fire. These stages are incipient, growth, fully developed, and decay . The following is a brief overview of each stage. Incipient – This first stage begins when heat, oxygen and a fuel source combine…
What is the first thing you should do in the event of a fire?
“In case of a fire, the first thing you should do is to try and inform others as quickly as possible. Second, check what has happened. If you can fight the fire, do it. But if you can’t, evacuate and help other people evacuate,” Michael Vogt, a fire safety trainer from Al Salama, told Gulf News .
What to do before a fire?
What to do Before a Fire. The following are things you can do to protect yourself, your family, and your property in the event of a fire: Smoke Alarms. Install smoke alarms. Properly working smoke alarms decrease your chances of dying in a fire by half. Place smoke alarms on every level of your residence.
What are the four steps for using a fire extinguisher?
There are four basic steps to using a fire extinguisher. Pull. Place the extinguisher on the floor. Hold it by the tank (pressure on the handle could pinch the pin). Pull the pin straight out. Aim. Start 10 feet back from the fire. Aim at the base of the fire.