Table of Contents
What are the steps to paraphrase a sentence?
Steps to Paraphrasing Read the original text until you grasp its meaning; then set it aside. Using your memory, write down the main points or concepts. Do not copy the text verbatim. Change the structure of the text by varying the opening, changing the order of sentences, lengthening or shortening sentences, etc.
What are the 4 steps of paraphrasing?
- Step 1: Read.
- Step 2: Take Notes.
- Step 3: Think About What You Read.
- Step 4: Write It In Your Own Words.
- Step 5: Cite Your Source.
- Citing in APA.
- Citing in MLA.
What is the process of paraphrasing?
Paraphrasing is the process of changing an author’s words into your own words. As a writing technique Paraphrasing allows you to summarize another writer’s ideas, to fit them smoothly in with your own ideas, or to use another person’s ideas to prove your own thesis.
How do you paraphrase text?
How to paraphrase
- Read the original source carefully.
- Identify the main point(s) and key words.
- Cover the original text and rewrite it in your own words.
- Write the paraphrase in your own style.
- Review your paraphrase to check it accurately reflects the original text but is in your words and style.
How do you paraphrase nicely?
- Start your first sentence at a different point from that of the original source.
- Use synonyms (words that mean the same thing)
- Change the sentence structure (e.g. from active to passive voice)
- Break the information into separate sentences.
What is the best paraphrase tool?
Best Paraphrasing Tools (Free & Paid)
- QuillBot. QuillBot is a comprehensive writing collaborator tool that uses AI to help you paraphrase or rewrite paragraphs while refining your content.
- Paraphrase Online.
- Spinner Chief 6.
- SEO Wagon.
- Prepost SEO.
What is the correct way to paraphrase?
The correct way to paraphrase a paragraph is to complete a summary of the paragraph. Make sure to cover all points about what you’ve talked about in your paragraph and always use your own words.
How do you paraphrase correctly?
Paraphrasing Correctly Develop an understanding of the original text. Change the original word choice. Use a thesaurus to help you with word choice. Create your own syntax for your paraphrased paragraph. Try to change the structure of the paragraph. Keep in mind that there is more than one way to paraphrase a paragraph.
What is the best definition of a paraphrase?
Definition of paraphrase. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a restatement of a text, passage, or work giving the meaning in another form The teacher asked the students to write a paraphrase of the poem.
When to cite paraphrase?
Always cite your paraphrase. Summarize: when you condensing the author’s words or ideas without altering the meaning or providing interpretation using your own words — basically, you’re presenting the original information in a nutshell. Always cite it.