Table of Contents
What games do kids in Kenya play?
Kenyan Kids Games
- Escape The Lions. According to the Canadian Baptist Ministry, Escape the Lions familiarizes children with Swahili words and common animals that roam Kenya.
- Safari. Safari is a low-energy game where each child chooses to be a different animal.
- Elephant Stampede.
- Fix The Reserve.
- Splish Splish, Splash.
What are the traditional games in Kenya?
Kigogo Game (Mancala) For a traditional Kenyan game, try Kigogo, or Mancala as it is called in the United States. Kigogo sets are available in toy and game stores, but you can also make your own using household items.
What games do African people play?
Some games, like nine men’s morris, are so old that we really don’t know where exactly they came from.
- Achi. Achi is a three-in-a-row game.
- Choko. From west Africa, Choko is a game of strategy played in the sand with sticks for pieces.
- Dogs and Jackals.
How can I have fun in Kenya?
Whether you are planning a move to Kenya or just visiting, these are awesome ways to enjoy the magical life of the country.
- Make merry and party hard.
- Attend events and concerts.
- Fun group activities.
- Watch movies and plays.
- Go on road trips.
- Games and sports.
- Eat Nyama Choma.
- Have Kenyan Tea or Coffee.
How do you play Mgusha?
Mgusha is played using a long string made from an old pantyhose tied together in such a way that there is no way through when two people wear the pantyhose around their knees.
How do you play Achi?
Players take it in turns to slide one of their pieces along a line onto the empty circle. You can only move one piece, and you can’t jump over other pieces. If you can’t move any of your pieces, skip your go. Keep playing until someone gets three in a row!
What are some fun facts about Kenya?
Here are ten facts that will get you keen for Kenya.
- Close encounters with the Big Five.
- Hunting is illegal in Kenya.
- No traffic jams on Lamu Island.
- You can witness the result of earth splitting force.
- Breaking world records in running.
- Kenya is also home to the fastest land animal.
- The country of languages.
What does Kenya do for entertainment?
Kenyans love to party and bars, nightclubs, music concerts and discos are popular hangouts for Kenyans where dancing is common. Kenyans love their beer (Tusker) almost as much as their dancing and there’s a thriving local brewing industry.
What is Mgusha?