Table of Contents
- 1 What Indonesian island has the highest population?
- 2 What are the 3 most populated islands in the world?
- 3 How many of Indonesia’s islands are inhabited?
- 4 What is the most densely populated island in the world?
- 5 What is the least inhabited island?
- 6 What is the smallest island in the world what is the most crowded island on earth?
- 7 What is the most densely populated island in Indonesia?
- 8 What are the 5 largest islands of Indonesia?
What Indonesian island has the highest population?
The largest cluster is on Java, with some 130 million inhabitants (60 percent of the country’s population) on an island the size of New York State. Sumatra, much larger than Java, has less than a third of its people.
What are the 3 most populated islands in the world?
Most Populated Islands in the World
Which island has the highest population?
The world’s most populous island is Java, in Indonesia, which had a population of 136 million in 2010, all living in an area of 127,569 km² (49,254 miles²).
How many of Indonesia’s islands are inhabited?
By last count, according to a study conducted by the Indonesian Geo-spatial Information Agency in 2010 and verified by the UN and CIA in 2012, Indonesia is made up of 13,466 islands, 922 of which are permanently inhabited.
What is the most densely populated island in the world?
Santa Cruz del Islote
Santa Cruz del Islote is a tiny island on the Caribbean coast of Colombia. Five hundred people live in 115 houses on an area the size of a soccer field.
What are the 5 most populated islands in the world?
The 10 Most Populous Islands in the World
- Sumatra, Indonesia — 50 million people.
- Luzon, Philippines — 49.52 million people.
- Madagascar — 25.57 million people.
- Mindanao, Philippines — 25.53 million people.
- Taiwan — 23.76 million people.
- Sri Lanka — 21.44 million people.
- Borneo — 21.3 million people.
What is the least inhabited island?
Pitcairn Island is an island in the Pacific Ocean more than 3,000 miles away from any continent. It has a population of just 50 people.
What is the smallest island in the world what is the most crowded island on earth?
Santa Cruz del Islote is a tiny island on the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
Which island has the highest population in Indonesia?
One of the biggest islands in Indonesia is Java. Among the 5 biggest islands, Java is the smallest one. However, this island is the most populated island in Indonesia. The population is 60% of the total Indonesian population.
What is the most densely populated island in Indonesia?
The Greater Sunda Islands ( Sunda Besar) Indonesia’s most heavily developed and densely populated island is Java (Jawa), which lies south of the equator. Java covers about 49,000 square miles (127,000 square kilometers). In the north is a low coastal plain.
What are the 5 largest islands of Indonesia?
The five largest islands of the Republic of Indonesia are Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and New Guinea. The island of Sumatra covers 473,606 square kilometers of land area.
How many Indonesian islands are inhabited by people?
According to the Director General of Marine Affairs, Coastal Areas, and Small Islands of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Fisheries, of 17,504 islands in Indonesia, 2,342 (12.38%) are inhabited by people. The remaining 15,337 islands (87.62%) are uninhabited.